Holidays are periods that people look forward to. The pressures of work and life often necessitates this activity as it then becomes a way of rejuvenating. Rejuvenating not just our bodies, but our minds, often times our souls too. It therefore becomes very important to carefully choose the kind of experience one would like to have during the holiday.
Typically, people spend days planning for their holiday, because the last thing anyone would want to experience is an awful holiday. While holidays can vary from person to person, we have laid out some ideas that will help ensure exciting holidays. Here are a few.
Travels help us exhale and vent out pressure. The pressures of work and life often necessitates this activity as it then becomes a way of rejuvenating. Rejuvenating not just our bodies, but our minds, often times our souls too.
1. Determine the kind of holiday you want to have: People travel for various types of travel experiences. Some travel for adventure, some travel for specific hobbies such as fishing and hiking, some travel to explore food, arts and culture, shopping, take short courses that are off your core expertise. Decide early the theme of your holiday. Check TripAdvisor experience to see what experiences that might suit your imagination.
2. Have a budget: Ordinarily, the budget would come up first in some people’s priority, but holiday is about experiences, and whatever experience theme you choose, there is always a way to achieve it within your budget. This is very important too as it is easy to get caught up with holiday spends, which could make you get into debt or very worse, stranded in a strange land.
3. Book accommodation and Travel: Accommodation and travel will probably be the biggest ticket items in a moderate budget holiday. If these two essentials are sorted, then you will likely have a fairly good holiday experience. Sites like Wakanow, bookings.com, and Airbnb are very helpful for these purposes.
4. Make a local acquaintances: There is nothing like a friend! In new domains, it is always helpful to have someone who can show you around, recommend cool activities, expand your knowledge of the community and their values, and really make your stay more interesting. A good place to start is your accommodation host, the airport driver, the hotel receptionist. Most people are generally helpful and favorably disposed to strangers. Acquaintances sure makes your life easier, and who can tell the value of deep genuine human connections.
5. Have a mental picture of the kind of stay you expect: This will naturally shape your choices and decisions all along the way.
6. Simply, live in the moment!
At Bella homes, we understand the need to have memorable life experiences. We currently operate shortlets at Bennin and Lagos. Thinking of exploring the ancient Benin kingdom with its powerful arts and culture, well planned traditional cities and ancient bronze work, we help you discover the magic of Africa. In Lagos, we cater for mostly business and leisure tourists. We know what makes the city thick, and are ready to help you achieve your goals in the 7th largest economy of Africa (2020). Be our guest!